Sunday, August 24, 2008

Success at Rainbow Rando Race

I raced in the Rainbow Rando Race on the 9th of August. I was pretty happy with my race as it was my first since the Pierra Menta in France, about 5 months earlier. I also haven't been training as much as I would have liked.

Craig putting in the "boot pack" on half moon ridge.

Craig and I set the course the day before the race, again the morning of and then I set it AGAIN during the race! It was snowing and blowing a huge amount and we changed the course a little because of wind.

Racers during the boot pack section in "The Planets"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The skier who forsakes the lifts to climb under his own power to a mountain summit is a very different person from the downhill only piste basher and is often regarded by the latter as something of a curiosity.
But he was the creator of the sport; and possibly with him lies the future"
-Robin Fedden, The book of Europen Skiing, 1966
Related Posts with Thumbnails