Sunday, June 7, 2009

Barre des Ecrins (France) Speed Climb

On 23 April 2009,  DYNAFIT athletes Nicolas Bonnet and Matteo Eydallin have set a record for climbing the Barre des Ecrins in 2:51 '26s.
Record des Ecrins ski alpinsime 2009 I really like to see the top racers take their skills and endurance in to big peaks in this fashion and it is certainly the direction I would like to take with my own skiing.
I find the style of this particular speed ascent pretty interesting. I'm not sure what to make of the ditching of skis, pack and ice axe at different stages of the attempt.
Nico and Matteo had planned to make an attempt on the Mt Blanc speed record, but I believe conditions were not suitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The skier who forsakes the lifts to climb under his own power to a mountain summit is a very different person from the downhill only piste basher and is often regarded by the latter as something of a curiosity.
But he was the creator of the sport; and possibly with him lies the future"
-Robin Fedden, The book of Europen Skiing, 1966
Related Posts with Thumbnails