Monday, September 29, 2008

Bealey Face- Mt Rolleston

The above photo is of the Bealey Face of Mt Rolleston's Low Peak (2212m), which I skied in October 2006. I climbed and skied the Chockstone Route, which according to the Arthur's Pass Guide Book is a grade 2+ (1+ in summer). It was a good day out, taking about 6hrs for C-S-C and I even seen Stew who I now work with at Cheeseman on top of Low Peak. I had spent the winter up at Temple Basin (were this photo was taken from) and would pull my curtains every morning to the above view. I have hear of one other fellow skiing the Bealey Face, but by the far more impressive couloir to the lookers left of the Chockstone. I believe some others have skied the top part of the Bealey Face, but then climbed back up and onto Low Peak, but I could be wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The skier who forsakes the lifts to climb under his own power to a mountain summit is a very different person from the downhill only piste basher and is often regarded by the latter as something of a curiosity.
But he was the creator of the sport; and possibly with him lies the future"
-Robin Fedden, The book of Europen Skiing, 1966
Related Posts with Thumbnails