Tuesday, November 3, 2009

B2B- 2nd day

Did day 2 of my B2B (Back to back) training in preparation for the Molesworth today. I left sunny Castle Hill for cold, grey Christchurch (I had a little work to do) and headed for the trails in the Port Hills, after making a quick stop at the Burrito Company first.
I ran a few different trails, some loops, back tracking a little, got a little lost on some trails I hadn't done before and managed 3hr40 and 1200m ascent. No idea how many km's, but I guess at least 30?
That's about 70km's in 8hrs in the last 2 day, add Saturday's race (plus warm up, cool down) and the short jog Sunday, I have done about 100km and 10.5hrs running in the last 4 days. I know some people run 100km easy week in, week out, but this I am sure will be my first, so its a pretty satisfying and tiring feeling. Looking forward to a swim tomorrow morning!
Felt surprisingly good, until the last 20-30mins on today's run. I carried 500mls of Replace and 4 Gu's again, filling up the water bottle twice. The Gu's are working well for me, but after 3hrs I start to crave "real" food and some protein. Today I was dreaming about tuna sandwiches and the Cliff Bar I had in the car.
Just printed of the Molesworth entry form, will fill it out and get it in the post. Hopefully I will get accepted as I have no previous ultra experience and haven't even run a marathon.
"ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A FIRST RECEIVED BASIS, however the organising committee reserves the right of acceptance."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The skier who forsakes the lifts to climb under his own power to a mountain summit is a very different person from the downhill only piste basher and is often regarded by the latter as something of a curiosity.
But he was the creator of the sport; and possibly with him lies the future"
-Robin Fedden, The book of Europen Skiing, 1966
Related Posts with Thumbnails