Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mt Vernon Run Up- See You There


The Frontrunner Off Road Series starts tonight with the 'Mt Vernon Run Up' at 6.15pm (Junior Race will start at 6.20pm). Meet at the Mt Vernon carpark at the end of Hillsborough Terrace. It will be signposted. $10 seniors, $5 juniors.
I wasn't 100% I would line up at the Mt Vernon Run Up after feeling a little tired after the Casey- Binser run I did on Monday,

but after my little pre race routine this morning, my legs feel good and I am looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces.
I went out in the wet, cold southerly this morning and did an easy 10 min warm up, some drills and then 2 x 30sec "stride outs". 10min jog back to the car and my legs feel good to go. I normally do this preparation the day before a race, but with the Vernon Run Up being at 6 tonight a small stretch of the legs in the morning works well for me.
Like the Flagpole race, tonight's race will be a good indicator of where I am at with my training. Place isn't important, rather bettering my 36min54sec that I did last year is the goal.
I am also hoping that the top 2 finishers from last years race -Carsten Jorgensen and Martin Lukes (both past winners of the Kepler Challange) will be on the start line, as its always fun to be able to measure your selfagainst the "fast guys".

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The skier who forsakes the lifts to climb under his own power to a mountain summit is a very different person from the downhill only piste basher and is often regarded by the latter as something of a curiosity.
But he was the creator of the sport; and possibly with him lies the future"
-Robin Fedden, The book of Europen Skiing, 1966
Related Posts with Thumbnails