Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Crater Rim Run

I'll be lining up for the Port Hill Athletic Club's Crater Rim Trail Run on Sunday morning in what will be one of the few running races I will do before leaving for Europe and another winter!
The Crater Rim will also be the first race I have done since the Routeburn Classic in May, not counting the Skin to the Summit, which I did on heavy gear, so I didn't really feel like I was racing that day.
Crater Rim run
Racers on the Crater Rim track. Photo from porthills.org.nz
There is a 30km and a 20km race, both starting from St Martin's School, climbing up to the summit road and heading towards the Sign of the Kiwi. I am opting for the 20km race as I have only got back into running regularly for a month or so now. Going off my training times I think I can go under 2 hours pretty easily and will be shooting for lower than 1hr40mins.
30km starts at 8am, 20km at 0830, see you on the start line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The skier who forsakes the lifts to climb under his own power to a mountain summit is a very different person from the downhill only piste basher and is often regarded by the latter as something of a curiosity.
But he was the creator of the sport; and possibly with him lies the future"
-Robin Fedden, The book of Europen Skiing, 1966
Related Posts with Thumbnails