Saturday, October 3, 2009

Kilian's Quest

Winter's pretty much over (mind you, snow to 800m today!) and spring skiing is in full swing. If you're like me, as the days get longer and warmer you'll still want to hold on tight to winter and keep skiing. But this spring I have found it a lot easier to make the transition from ski touring to trail running. This time of year I normally always struggle to get out running. I feel fit and strong, but my legs are weak when it comes to the high impact that running has compared to skinning. Living out of the snow for the first winter in 4 years has meant I have ran a lot more over the winter than in the past, meaning this year the transition has been an easy one. Still I always struggle with motivation.
Enter Kilian's Quest.
For those of you that don't keep up with the competitive world or ski mountaineering or mountain running (if you don't then I guess you are here by mistake?) Kilian Jornet is kind of a big deal. The young Spaniard dominates ski mountaineering and mountain running. Rather than going into detail, just click HERE to check out Kilian's Quest. Episode 7 will start up, but it's worth scrolling down and starting with the teaser.
I find this kind of thing really motivating, I mean if this guy can run for 38hrs, then I should be able to muster up and go for a 30min jog before breakfast.
Other articles that are worth a read are-

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The skier who forsakes the lifts to climb under his own power to a mountain summit is a very different person from the downhill only piste basher and is often regarded by the latter as something of a curiosity.
But he was the creator of the sport; and possibly with him lies the future"
-Robin Fedden, The book of Europen Skiing, 1966
Related Posts with Thumbnails