Monday, October 5, 2009

Map My Run

Just discovered this web site MapMyRun.com Its pretty cool as its allows you to map your run (or bike ride, ski tour or hiking trip I guess) and get distance and vertical gain and loss.
Below is a map of the run I did yesterday after skiing at Craigieburn yesterday morning. I ran home via Lyndon Saddle and Drac Flat.
One thing I have found is possibly the vertical isn't 100%. I got a different vertical gain/lost than what my t6c gave me?
Map away!- www.mapmyrun.com

2 comments:

  1. yeah, mostly.....
    A few small climbs. Have to do it as a out and back to even it up.

    ReplyDelete

"The skier who forsakes the lifts to climb under his own power to a mountain summit is a very different person from the downhill only piste basher and is often regarded by the latter as something of a curiosity.
But he was the creator of the sport; and possibly with him lies the future"
-Robin Fedden, The book of Europen Skiing, 1966
Related Posts with Thumbnails