Saturday, October 3, 2009

Salomon Speed Cross 2

The Speed Cross 2 trail running shoe from Salomon has been on my wish list for a while now and yesterday I finally got my hands on a pair! I guess the verdict isn't out yet as I have only had about 1hr30mins running in them, but so far I can say they are pretty nice.
Drying out the Salomon Speed Cross 2 after a muddy trail run around Castle Hill Village
They are super light, about 290gms, have a nice low profile and have great grip. I really like the feeling of being close to the trail, so the low profile is nice and they still have a surprisingly good amount the cushion for such a light shoe. I'll probably end up using the Speed Crosses mostly for racing and speedy runs and train in my other runners that are more suited to day to day running.
Once I have had a bit more time in them I'll report back with how they are working out, probably after the Crater Rim Run, or Flagpole Run Up.
If you click HERE to visit the US Salomon Running web site you can see a cool little video of Adam Chase talking up the Speed Cross 2.
I also got a look at the latest version for the XT Wings, Salomon's flag ship shoe and my all time favorite trail runner. It's good to see they have made some subtle improvements, that will help with durability. The eyelets for the laces are now plastic, meaning the laces are not gonna wear and break, which was my biggest gripe with the older model.
Now for the real gear geeks below is a little video from Canadian Running and their visit to Salomon Running in Toronto. It is kind of a silly little interview, but does give some really good insight to the benefits of using a specialized trail running shoe.
For more info on getting your hands on some sweet Salomon Running gear visit the Salomon NZ web site to see what is available - www.salomonrunning.com/nz/

No comments:

Post a Comment

"The skier who forsakes the lifts to climb under his own power to a mountain summit is a very different person from the downhill only piste basher and is often regarded by the latter as something of a curiosity.
But he was the creator of the sport; and possibly with him lies the future"
-Robin Fedden, The book of Europen Skiing, 1966
Related Posts with Thumbnails